Monday, June 01, 2009

Fwd: re don't touch.

Latest updates from the field...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jenifer McKenna
Date: Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM
Subject: re don't touch.
To: Ian Camera


This morning at the bus Jonas was trying to hold Julian's hand.  Julian was pulling his hand away.  Jones gave up.  Then I said to him, "Don't you think it's funny that you want to hold Julian's hand and he doesn't want you to, and I'd love to hold your hand and you don't feel like holding it."  He thought a minute and then said, "Does that hurt your feelings?"  I thought a minute and then said, truthfully, "No.  When you want to hold my hand it makes me happy but when you don't it doesn't bother me."  And that was the end.
He's so thoughtful.  And that hard to get thing is a mystery of being human. 

Later Julian wanted to wear my sunglasses.  So I said, "Sure, we'll try.  But my head is big."  I put them on him and sort of squeezed them together.  He smiled that great satisfied smile and said, "I'm Mana."  So I said, "I'm Julian."  He then said, "I have a big head and curly hair."  I said, "I have a regular head and straight hair."  He was tickled pink at the whole thing.

Today's updates.  Julian was terrific all day.  He loved touching every single berry that had even a hint of red just to see. 
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home