Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Mr. Clean

A couple of weeks ago, Julian helped me fix our downstairs toilet, which was running constantly.  Turns out that the gaskets inside it were disintegrating, leaving a black oily residue all over my hands.  Julian was warily helpful, he was interested in how it all worked, but didn't want anything to do with that gunk.

After a while he stepped away and said, "I'm going outside to swing.  You could come out and give me *one* push...(pauses for a second)...you could wash your hands and come out and give me one push."

I like the way he thinks things through.  And the hand washing hint makes a dad-nurse proud!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake Blais said...

MMMM black gunk. Every time we have guests for dinner, I have to do some plumbing involving black gunk minutes before they arrive...

Want to come over for dinner?

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home