Saturday, September 22, 2007

Anyone Remember Mini-Connectos?




Anyone else remember these toys? Ben Neylon, are your ears burning?

Ben was one of my best friends as a kid, before we moved here to Amherst. He and I spent gobs of time playing with these excellent building toys called Mini Connectos (I don't even know if I'm spelling that right, since we were too busy building ships and guns to write about them).

So, I've searched the web, and talked to people in every toy store I enter, and never seen any signs of a revival of these toys. Jonas is quite a builder, so I've been pretty bummed out that we couldn't find them.

Then our friends Mac and Laura sent us a giant bin of these things called Zoobs. They're just like Mini-Connectos, only *better*. They join together in like 5 different ways, and some of those joints will move! And they come in all the colors Mini-Connectos came in, plus silver. Sweet!

Jonas is captivated, as you can see. He built this ship entirely by himself. Reminds me of Princess Leia's ship in the first Star Wars, the one she's traveling on when she gets captured by Darth Vader (aka HER DAD).

Oops, did I spoil that for anyone?

Anyway, thanks so much, Mac and Laura, for coming through with one of my (er, I mean Jonas') favorite toys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home