Monday, September 24, 2007

Balancing Act


So, recently I was delighted to find an email from Sam's dear friend Melanie in my work inbox. She informed us that she's engaged to be married :-) and was hoping for advice about balancing work, and parenting, and one's relationship.

Ummm...balancing? Don't know what that verb means. Juggling? Oh yes. Dashing? Scrambling? Hurtling? I'm all about hurtling.

Then I read an article in the Times about how the seven year itch is alive and kicking, and I start to feel a little better. Ten is definitely more than seven (who remembers that chilly day in May, 1997?), and we're just picking up steam! It's all about finding satisfaction and pleasure in communal late night study halls in the home office, and helping each other with things like "professional goals" for work evaluations. Right now it's Sami's turn, next year I'm up for tenure (gulp! Say a little prayer for me).

Finally, this little strip of pictures floated to the top of this little patch of chaos we call home (remember my metaphor about low tide?). Ah, yes. Of course, we literally can't remember where exactly we were when it was taken, but we recognize those tan, rested, silly people as ourselves. And it still looks right.

Now back to my regularly scheduled study hall...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home