Monday, December 19, 2005

"Enjoy this part, it's over so fast"

How many times have I heard this? Will I ever say it?

Well, I have an ongoing inquiry into whether the people who say this are right on the money, or are suffereing from selective memory.

This morning fell strongly in support of the former.

I was right in the midst of Monday Morning Hell. You name it: trash, recycling that had been left out in the ice storm and needed to be thawed in the shower, a car that needed the same but wouldn't fit in the shower, messy kitchen, worries about an impending final and its effect on my students.

I realized that it was 7:30, and time to wake up the Bandit. Yes, he has become quite a sleeper. I walked into his room to wake him, and he was blissfully slumbering under a stack of blankets, with Tokay curled up on his feet just as I had left them many hours before.

Jonas woke easily, with happy little noises.

I: Look, Tokay's still asleep on your feet.
J: I love it when he does that.
(Jonas pulled his stethoscope out from under his pillow, and Tokay jumped on the head of it as it flipped by. Jonas giggled).
I: I'm going to go down and make Mommy's breakfast. You come down when you want to.
J:I want to come down and sit with her at the table and keep her company.
I: OK!

Is it really this good? Could I have written this script? If I did, would I have believed it?

OK, I'll take it. Enjoy it while it lasts. Got it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home